A Perfect Smile Gives a Good First Impression
The first impression is super important and always lasts. However, most people feel self-conscious with their smiles, especially if they have crooked teeth or any other dental problems. Luckily there is a solution and is call teeth braces.
When you see actors and actresses walking down the red carpet, whereas you just sit there with your uneven teeth and awkward smile. Actors and actresses have all had work done on their teeth to achieve that perfect smile, which is something that is also within your reach. Teeth braces can help you.
Having straight teeth is important. Teeth that are crooked or out of place affect the way a person chews and talks and how their smile looks. Because they have unnatural spaces, crooked teeth are harder to clean and are more likely to have cavities.
In some cases, crooked teeth can affect the way the jaws line up and can cause pain and discomfort. Orthodontic braces, commonly called teeth braces or dental braces, are devices used to align teeth. Teeth braces are nonsurgical and more often doesn’t require other surgical procedures.
Orthodontic treatment works by exerting a gentle pressure over time to straighten teeth that are growing, or have already grown, out of place. The forces that are exerted on the tooth achieve tooth movement using the brackets during the treatment.
5 Great Reasons Why Adults Should Get Braces
Some adults were unable to have teeth braces in their younger years to correct dental problems like:
- Crooked or crowded teeth. Caused by lack of adequate space for alignment.
- Overbite. Also known as vertical overlap. It is when the upper front teeth overlap the lower front teeth more than the average measurement that the edges of the upper front teeth almost drop below the lower front teeth.
- Underbite. Is a condition wherein the lower front teeth overlap the upper front teeth.
- Overjet. Also known as horizontal overlap. It is when the upper teeth project beyond normal extent with the lower teeth in the horizontal direction.
- Jaw Joint Disorders. Or Temporomandibular Joint (TMJ) Disorder often show signs like the clicking of the joint near the ears.
Nowadays, most jobs require good dental health. Employees prefer good looking, presentable, with a good set of teeth. Impeccably aligned teeth also boost your confidence in facing people every day.
Different Types of Teeth Braces for Beautiful Smile
Different types of braces can be implemented to correct your smile. However, you need to get a consultation with our specialists to determine the right one for you. These are the types of braces available:
- Six Month Smiles. Six Month Smiles® short term orthodontic treatment is a modern twist on tried-and-true orthodontics with a practical and turnkey solution for adults with crooked teeth. You can get the smile you’ve always wanted, in less time!
- Traditional Braces. It is the most common type of teeth braces. It is made of high-grade stainless steel and has metal brackets cemented to each tooth. The brackets interconnect with each other with a thin arch wire, which produces pressure on the teeth and causes it to move slowly in the desired position.
- Ceramic Braces. This type of teeth braces works like traditional braces, except that the brackets are clear, transparent ceramic material. The most popular type of teeth braces as it is less visible than traditional metal braces.
Important Steps in the Process of Placing Braces on Teeth
When you meet with our orthodontist, we will ask you questions about your health and perform a clinical exam. We will take a series of X-rays of your head and mouth, along with photographs and an impression that will be used to create a plaster model of your teeth. Once we have all the relevant information, the orthodontist will prescribe a plan of treatment best suited for your particular situation.
Typically, the orthodontist will begin by thoroughly cleaning and drying your teeth. Next, he will apply an adhesive substance to your teeth to attach the brackets. Once they are in place, he will install the arch wire into the brackets and use elastic to secure them in place.
Typically, the entire process takes between 1 and 2 hours. Though the procedure itself is not painful, it is not uncommon to feel some level of discomfort afterward. Initially, your tongue and cheek will rub against the braces, which may cause some sensitivity, and your teeth may feel sore. Getting used to the braces will typically take about a week.
The Major Differences Between Six Month Smiles & Normal Braces
Braces have come a long way from the “train track” look of years ago. Today, many orthodontic patients can get braces that attach to the backs of the teeth or use transparent brackets.
- Treatment time for traditional metal braces is usually 2-3 years while Six Month Smiles braces require six months only.
- Traditional teeth braces show metal framework while Six Month Smiles system uses clear brackets and tooth colored wires
- Traditional teethl braces fix other dental problems about dental braces while Six Month Smiles focuses on the cosmetic part of aligning the front teeth.
- Traditional braces cost more than Six Month Smiles
The Process of Getting Six Month Smiles Braces in Tijuana
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us. Also, our live chat is available so you can ask us any doubt so your experience can be the best.
- Patient’s medical and dental record will be taken on the first day of the appointment. A series of diagnostic records will also be taken like dental radiographs, dental photographs, and dental impression.
- After taking patient diagnostic records, the impression of a patient’s teeth and case submission script are sent to Six Month Smiles Case Processing Facility.
- Once the case is received in the Six Month Smiles facility, a bracket specialist identifies the correct location for bracket placement on models of patient’s teeth.
- Once all the locations have been determined the bracket our specialist carefully places all of the brackets so that the desired orthodontic result will be achieved.
- The specialist then fabricates custom bonding trays, making bonding the braces to the patient’s teeth remarkably easy, efficient and stress-free.
- The bonding trays, appropriate tooth colored wires, ties, and other needed materials are packaged into the Six Month Smiles Patient Tray Kit.
- Once the Six Month Smiles Patient Tray Kit has been assembled, it is returned to the dentist’s office ready to use.
- The patient comes in for an appointment with the dentist received the Six Month Smiles patient tray kit.
- Once the teeth are in the final position, the braces are easily removed, and adequate retention is provided.
- Once your treatment is finished, and your teeth have moved to their final position you will be given a retainer, which is either a removable appliance to be worn at night or a thin wire fitted to the back of your teeth. A retainer ensures that your teeth do not move back into their previous position.
Six Month Smiles® – Center for Advanced Dentistry
Six Month Smiles uses Lucid-Lok® clear brackets and tooth-colored wires. Six month smiles brackets and wires are made specifically to address the exceptional treatment objectives of short-term orthodontics.
The materials used are made to support short-range orthodontic treatment that exerts little force without compromising the outcome of the procedure.
Six Month Smiles Lucid-Lok® Brackets are specifically designed to allow dentists to achieve short term orthodontic goals with accuracy and efficiency. Features such as angulations, in-out dimensions, and offsets were added to make the braces more precise for cosmetically focused cases. Brackets also appear to be almost invisible with its bright translucent form.
Six Month Smiles Lucid-Lok® Wires are tooth colored shape memory wires. These wires are highly dynamic and provide even force levels to straighten and align the teeth gently.
The advancement in the technology used in Six Month Smiles assures positive results in a short span of treatment time with fewer or almost no impediments at all.
How to Brush Your Teeth and Floss With Braces
Whether your children have braces for six months or two years, one thing is sure: It is crucial that they learn how to brush their teeth with braces. Dental braces make cleaning difficult because food particles and plaque can adhere to the brackets and teeth.
According to the American Dental Association (ADA), the number of times a person with braces should brush each day varies from orthodontist to orthodontist, but it is important to brush after every meal.
Brushing Teeth With Braces. Before you clean, rinse with water. Helps loosen any food lodged in and around the braces. When you’re ready to brush, use an ADA-accepted fluoride toothpaste and start by brushing at the gumline at a 45-degree angle.
After cleaning the gum line, place the toothbrush on top of the brackets, angling down to brush on top of each bracket. Then, reposition the toothbrush to clean the bottom of the bracket and the wire, angling the toothbrush up. Go slowly.
Make sure to brush every tooth at the gum line as well as above and below the brackets. Will ensure you’ll reach the majority of the tooth’s surface and help to remove plaque and food debris. Even kids who are old enough to brush on their own may require help until they are comfortable properly angling the toothbrush and have learned how to brush their teeth with braces.
Cleaning Between Teeth. Flossing is a crucial step toward keeping teeth healthy. Use a floss threader to make flossing with braces easier. Soft picks can help brush very tight spaces. After brushing, you can help prevent cavities by rinsing with a fluoride mouth rinse.
Taking care of teeth with braces requires diligence. Kids in braces don’t always have the discipline they need to care for their teeth, so it’s important for parents to encourage and help with tooth care. And, even with braces on, kids should see their dentist twice a year for cleanings and checkups.
Why Orthodontic Aftercare is so Important?
Once your braces are placed on your teeth, it’s important for you to care for them properly to get the best results. Standard dental practices, such as daily brushing and flossing, should be maintained. When brushing, it’s important to clean your teeth thoroughly.
Consider using a proxy brush – a small interdental cleaning device – to help you clean those hard to reach areas around your braces and orthodontic wires. Because brushing will be more difficult with braces, you will need to spend more than two minutes a day to thoroughly clean around the brackets and remove plaque at the gum line.
When flossing, always use dental floss that is waxed to prevent it from getting stuck between your braces. Using a floss threader is key, first, cut a piece of floss that is 18 inches in length, place the floss through the floss threader, thread the floss just under the wire of your braces and carefully pass it between the two adjacent teeth. Repeat this process and move the floss to a clean area and repeat the back and forth motion with all of your teeth, upper and lower.
You will also need to pay particular attention to the foods you eat. Foods that are high in sugar may lead to excess plaque buildup that can cause damage to your teeth. Additionally, foods such as caramel, gummy candies, popcorn, and nuts, are good to avoid, as they can become lodged in the braces themselves. Lastly, you should make sure to visit a dental professional for any subsequent check-ups and regular appointments with your orthodontist for adjustments to your braces.
Why Choose Trust Dental Care?
When it comes to selecting a dentist in Tijuana, it’s important not to go straight for the lowest prices, since treatments like this should always be treated as an important investment, so if you intend on keeping your veneers for let’s say 20 years. You should instead, find the most qualified expert for the job, someone like Dr. Cirenia Aparicio Miranda.
Technology from said giants of the dental industry allows us to reduce the amount of time that is required for you must spend on the dental chair. We always make sure each procedure goes smoothly, but we also understand the fact that you’re anxious to leave the office as soon as possible.
Dr. Aparicio Miranda is also famous for being caring and kind with all her patients, as she has worked hard always to provide a comfortable experience for everybody. She makes sure that you are comfortable with starting the procedure and is an expert at removing any dental anxiety you may have.
Latest News & Articles Regarding Your Oral Health
Take some time to read the latest news and articles regarding your oral health. This includes helpful tips on how to improve your dental health and articles regarding innovations in the dental world. In the meantime, we also included some tips to make your dental tourism trip much easier and comfortable.
Finally, we also include some interesting reads for a better understanding of the medical dental field. At Trust Dental Care we care about you, but most of all, we value your trust.