We encourage parents to talk about what information their children should and shouldn’t share online, and other restrictions on the online release of personal information to anyone they don’t know. We hope that our privacy practices as described in this statement will remove any concerns that parents may have about their children visiting the Trust Dental Care site. We do not intentionally gather personal information about visitors who are under the age of 18.
Residents of the State of California, please also read Your Privacy Rights to understand additional rights you may have under California Civil Code Section 1798.83.
Information we Collect Through the Trust Dental Care Website
“Personally identifiable information” is information that identifies you personally, such as your name, address, telephone number, email address, or company name. Here are some examples of how we may collect and store your personally identifiable information through our websites:
- We may collect your email address, first and last name, and zip code, if you sign up for an online newsletter.
- We may collect your email address if you contact us with a question.
- We may collect your first and last name, date of birth, and email address if you choose to participate in a contest or sweepstakes.
- we may collect your first and last name, your address, and your credit card and billing information to enable you to make a purchase.
“Non-personally identifiable information” can be technical information or it can be demographic information, such as your age, gender, or interests. Non-personally identifiable information does not identify you personally. If you do provide us with non-personally identifiable information, we may use it for the purposes described in this statement or where it is collected, or any other legal purpose. Here are some examples of how we may collect and store your non-personally identifiable information through our websites, and how we use such information:
- Internet Protocol (IP) address. Your “IP address” is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet know where to send you data, such as the screens and pages of the Trust Dental Care website that you view. We use this information to deliver our screens and pages to you upon request, to tailor our websites to the interests of you and our other visitors, and to measure traffic to and within our websites.
- Cookie. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used to collect information about your activity on the Trust Dental Care website. For example, when you visit a screen or page a cookie is placed on your computer (if you or your browser accepts the cookie). This cookie may then be read by screen or pages on our website. You may configure your browser to notify you or to reject and block cookies, but if you do, you may not have access to some areas of the Trust Dental Care website, or to the personalized features of our websites.
- Web Beacon. A “web beacon,” “clear gif,” “web bug,” or “pixel tag” is a tiny graphic file with a unique identifier that is similar in function to a cookie, but allows us to count the number of users that have visited certain pages or screens of the Trust Dental Care website, and help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, web beacons can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened. In contrast to cookies, which may be stored on your computer’s hard drive, web beacons are typically embedded invisibly on pages or screens.
- Demographic Information. “Demographic information” may be your gender, age, zip code, and interests. We may collect such information about you through the Trust Dental Care website and use it to provide you with personalized services and to analyze trends to ensure that our site and services and the information on them is targeted to meet your needs. Please note that we also consider aggregated information, which is not personally identifiable, to be non-personally identifiable information.
If you encounter a screen or page that requests information you do not want to share with us, do not enter the information and do not proceed with that screen or page.
Use of Information Collected Through the Trust Dental Care Website
Personally identifiable information. If you do provide us with personally identifiable information, we will only use it for the purposes described in this statement or where it is collected. Primarily, we use it on the website to:
- help us create and public content most relevant to you;
- allow you access to certain areas of our websites;
- register you as a user and develop your profile and enable you to take advantage of our the personalized features of our websites;
- deliver services, such as educational programs, information, newsletters, or software that you request or purchase;
- alert you to special officers, updated information, and our other new services or those of other third-parties;
- forward promotional materials and to fulfill the terms of such promotion;
- complete a transaction or service requested by you;
- target our website to your needs;
- identify you as a poster or provider of content; and
- contact you in response to sign up forms such as “Contact Us” or “Order Inquiry”.
Non-personally identifiable information: We may use non-personally identifiable information for the purposes described in this statement or where it is collected, or any other legal purpose, including, when and where applicable, combining non-personally identifiable information with personally identifiable information.
Sharing and Disclosure of Information Collected Through the Trust Dental Care Site
Personally identifiable information: Primarily, we may share or disclose your personally identifiable information in the following instances:
- To fulfill a service to you. For example, if you choose to watch an educational video we may share your personally identifiable information to provide the program to you. In addition, if you email us a question, we may use your email address to process your request and respond to your question. Also, if you are entering a sweepstakes or contest, we may use your personally identifiable information to fulfill the terms of that promotion, including for prize fulfillment purposes or with mail carriers. We also may share your information with co-sponsors of such promotion.
- To offer you products from our affiliates, strategic partners, agents, or from third-party marketers and other unaffiliated parties that we believe may be of interest to you, or to assist such parties for research, administrative, and/or business purposes. These parties may contact you with an offer or advertisement related to a product or service, or they may use such information for their own research, administration or business purposes.
- To unaffiliated third-party service providers, agents, or independent contractors who help us maintain our websites and us with other administrative services (including, but not limited to, order processing and fulfillment, providing customer service, maintaining and analyzing data, sending customer communications on our behalf, and entry collection, winner selection and prize fulfillment for contests, sweepstakes, and other promotions). We seek to ensure that such unaffiliated third-parties will not use your personally identifiable information for any purpose other than that for which they are responsible. However, we cannot guarantee that they will not use it for any other purpose.
- To complete your appointment. If you choose to make a appointment on TrustDentalCare.com , we may ask you for your credit card number, billing address, and other information in connection with completing such purchase, and we may use such information to fulfill your purchase. We may also provide such information, or other personally identifiable information provided by you, to unaffiliated third-parties to complete your purchase (for example, to process your credit card).
- To comply with law, or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law, or comply with legal process served on us, and to protect and defend our rights or property, including our rights and property and our website, or act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of you and our other visitors.
- To track and analyze non-identifying, aggregate usage and volume statistical information from our visitors and customers and provide such information to third parties.
- To protect against fraud and potential fraud. Through third party services, we may verify the information obtained from the Trust Dental Care website. In the course of such verification, we may receive additional personally identifiable information about you from such services. In particular, if you use a credit card or debit card to purchase services with us, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address match the information you supplied to us, and that the card has not been reported as lost or stolen.
Non-personally identifiable information: We may share and disclose your non-personally identifiable information for the purposes described in this statement or where it is collected, or any other legal purpose, including, when and where applicable, sharing and disclosing non-personally identifiable information combined with personally identifiable information.
International Transfer of Information
We may transfer information that we collect about you, including personally identifiable information to third parties across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that you are transferring information about you, including personally identifiable information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as the European Union, and you consent to:
- the transfer of information about you, including personally identifiable information, to the U.S.;
Access to Information and Parental Access
In addition, a parent can review or request deletion of any personal information we have about his or her child, or request that there be no further collection or use of the child’s information.. We take steps to verify the identity of anyone requesting information about a child, to ensure that the person is in fact the child’s parent or guardian, and appreciate your cooperation with those steps.
We may communicate periodically with our users via email. For example, we may use your email address to confirm your request, to send you notice of payments, to send you information about changes to our products and services, and to send notices and other disclosures as required by law. Generally, users cannot opt-out of these communications, but they will be primarily informational in nature rather than promotional.
However, we do provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of:
- receiving other types of communication from us, such as emails or updates regarding new services and products offered on or through the Trust Dental Care website and any new features or services on it;
- sharing or disclosing your personally identifiable information with third parties. may exercise your opt-out by ticking or un-ticking the appropriate box, if such checkbox where such information is collected, or by contacting us at email@example.com. We will process your unsubscribe as soon as possible, but please be aware that in some circumstances you may receive a few more messages until your request is processed. You also may opt-out of receiving such emails by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link within the text of the applicable email.
Forums, Chat Rooms, and Other Public Posting Areas
We may provide public areas on TrustDentalCare.com, such as forums and chat rooms, or a Facebook page, where you can post information about yourself and others. Please exercise discretion and use caution with respect to your information, especially in such public areas. We do not control who reads postings on our website or Facebook page, or how they may use or disclose such information. If you choose to voluntarily disclose information on public portions of our website, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION ABOUT YOURSELF OR OTHERS IN PUBLIC AREAS OF OUR WEBSITE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OR DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION.
Third-Party Websites and Advertisers
Protection of Information
No data transmissions over the Internet are completely secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or others over the Internet. You transmit such information at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission, we make reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. We use firewalls to protect your information from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of such firewalls or secure server software. If we learn of a breach of our security system or processes, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using our website, or providing personally identifiable information to us through them, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of our website. In the event of a breach, we may post a notice on the Trust Dental Care website or send you an email at the email address you provided. YOU MAY HAVE ADDITIONAL RIGHTS TO RECEIVE WRITTEN NOTICE OF SECURITY BREACHES UNDER APPLICABLE LAW OF YOUR JURISDICTION.
You can also help us protect information about you by:
- using only secure web browsers;
- employing common anti-virus and anti-malware tools on your system to keep it safe;
California Residents – Your Privacy Rights
(As provided by California Civil Code Section 1798.83)
A California resident who has provided personal information to a business with whom he/she has established a business relationship for personal, family, or household purposes (“California customer”) is entitled to request information about whether the business has disclosed personal information to any third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. In general, if the business has made such a disclosure of personal information, upon receipt of a request by a California customer, the business is required to provide a list of all third parties to whom personal information was disclosed in the preceding calendar year, as well as a list of the categories of personal information that were disclosed.
California customers may request further information about our compliance with this law by e- mailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year, and we are not required to respond to requests made by means other than through this e-mail address.