Porcelain Veneers: A Solution to Some of Your Teeth Problems
Smiles are the first form of non-verbal communication, facial expressions as these are hard to fake and say a lot about your confidence, we strive in developing the most attractive and natural looking smiles possible. Having misaligned, stained, cracked or damaged teeth in any way, pose an aesthetic problem that diminishes your self-trust when smiling, laughing or even when having a face to face conversation. With porcelain veneers, you can change that!
Modern dentistry has come up with the ideal solution for this common issue. Teeth whitening and orthodontics are the first go-to solutions, but when teeth have lost their natural beauty, porcelain dental veneers in Tijuana are the perfect route to follow.
The objective we pursue with this dental aesthetic painless treatment is to improve your smile and, subsequently, the general appearance of your face. Booking an appointment with the best dentist in Tijuana is the smartest decision you can make when it comes to getting high quality and affordable dental veneers in Tijuana.
Regain your Self-Trust, give your face the gift of a youthful smile with 0 stains, cracks or chips. Through porcelain veneers in Tijuana, you will no longer have to hide your happiness. Share a smile today!
What are Porcelain Veneers?
Teeth whitening and orthodontics are the most common solutions, but when teeth have lost their natural beauty, porcelain Veneers might be your best solution.
Porcelain Veneers are thin laminates of no more than 0.5 millimeters in thickness, placed on your teeth with minimal preparation or effort. They’re placed away from the gums to avoid retraction, and both the aesthetic and functional results are optimal in the long run, allowing patients to smile with unequivocal confidence.
The objective we pursue with this dental aesthetic treatment is to improve your smile and, subsequently, the general appearance of your face.
Dentists in Tijuana carry out the porcelain veneer procedure only after thoroughly consulting with you. The veneers match the color of your existing teeth or a lighter shade you desire. Veneers are used to close gaps between the teeth, correct stains and even make cracks disappear.
In some cases, you will require more than one appointment to complete the procedure. During the first visit, our dentist will carefully prepare and contour the teeth. We also take an impression of the teeth so as to create the veneers.
During the second visit, the veneer is bonded to the tooth. Once it is done, you can quite easily forget that something was done to your tooth. Your teeth will feel as good as new.
Frequently Asked Questions About Teeth Veneers
- How long do porcelain veneers last? Depending on the patient’s oral health habits, veneers should last 15 to 20 years.
- Are porcelain veneers right for me? Most people are candidates for this treatment. One of the only factors why a veneer would not be appropriate for you would be if you have excessive enamel wear. Get a consultation first to verify if you’re a candidate for dental veneers.
- What do I do if it breaks? Although rare, if your laminate falls, cracks or chips, the solution is rather simple: Call your dentist and simply get them to custom-make a new shell and cement it where the old one was.
- Is the process reversible? Since they require approximately 0.5 mm of tooth reduction, porcelain veneers are not considered a reversible form of treatment.
- Will my teeth be sensitive to hot and cold? There will likely be some sensitivity to hot and cold food and beverages for a short time due to having a thin layer of enamel removed. This should disappear in a few days.
Our team of experts can help you out with a question that you may have. You can send your doubts on email our you can chat with us. Remember, your health is our priority, we are here to help you!
5 Benefits to Improving Teeth with Porcelain Veneers in Tijuana
- It is a relatively non-invasive treatment.
- You can eat and speak as you normally would, so the adaptation process following the treatment is minimal.
- Unlike teeth, they do not retain plaque, which helps maintain optimum dental health as long as you follow the indications given by our Tijuana dentist regarding dental hygiene.
- It is possible to change the shape of your teeth, their color, and even their position.
- They do not stain with wine or coffee.
Who Is a Candidate for Porcelain Veneers?
Porcelain veneers are suitable for a large percentage of dental patients. You might be a good candidate for veneers if:
- You have severely stained teeth. While tooth whitening treatments are highly effective in treating mild to moderate external discoloration, extremely dark stains will not respond to whitening. Porcelain veneers cover up stains, including internal discoloration from old fillings or decay.
- Minor cosmetic imperfections in the structure of your teeth. Porcelain veneers are extremely effective in concealing chips, cracks, and misshapen teeth. While dental bonding can also correct these flaws, veneers offer the most lifelike correction possible.
- You have several cosmetic issues you want to fix. Porcelain veneers are an incredibly versatile treatment. For example, if you have mildly crooked teeth, a chipped tooth, and several stained teeth, you can fix all three problems with dental veneers. Without this treatment, you would require three separate procedures to achieve your desired results.
- You have good overall oral health. Before undergoing any cosmetic dentistry procedure, it is important that you have healthy teeth and gums. However, after necessary restorative treatment, you may still be able to receive veneers.
- You have sufficient tooth enamel. Veneers adhere to your enamel. Though your dentist will remove some of the enamel to make room for the porcelain, the underlying layer remains. If you do not have enough enamel, the veneer will not have a sufficiently strong bonding surface.
- You have moderately straight teeth. Though veneers can help to correct mildly crooked teeth, if you have severely misaligned teeth or malocclusion (a misaligned bite), you are probably not a good candidate for veneers. Severe misalignment can put pressure on your teeth and can cause the porcelain to crack.
- You do not grind or clench your teeth. Bruxism (tooth grinding) can also damage the porcelain, leading to chips and fractures. Similarly, if you habitually chew your nails, chew ice, or use your teeth as tools, you may not be a candidate for veneers, since these habits are also harmful to your dental health.
Veneers Procedure: A Step by Step Guide
The veneers fabrication process varies slightly, depending on the specific type of porcelain used, but for the most part, the procedure remains largely the same.
Using the impressions sent to the dentist, a ceramist creates a working model. Inside this replica, he or she builds up multiple layers of porcelain, using intense heat or pressure to increase the strength of the material. All layers of porcelain may be the same shade, or the ceramist may hand-paint each layer for the most lifelike appearance possible.
When a dentist uses CEREC® technology to fabricate dental veneers, the process is much quicker. After analyzing the computer images and making any necessary adjustments, the dentist sends the images to a milling system.
Much like a 3-D printer, the machine creates customized veneers from a single block of porcelain in a matter of minutes. The dentist selects the shade of porcelain that most closely matches a patient’s teeth. He or she can further personalize the restorations by painting or polishing the material.
Is There Any Pain Involved with Veneers?
After receiving porcelain veneers, there is no recovery time. Unless patients have opted for dental sedation, they will be able to drive themselves home from the office, and they can immediately go about their daily routine, including physical activity.
Following the enamel removal, patients may temporarily experience some mild discomfort. For about a week, they may want to avoid very hot or cold foods, as well as extremely chewy, hard, or crunchy food. When this initial sensitivity wears off, however, patients should be able to return to their normal dietary habits.
How Much Do Dental Veneers Cost in Tijuana?
The price of veneers will vary based on your location, your dentist and the number of teeth you want to be restored, but one thing is for sure: They are often expensive. According to a 2013 survey of members of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, the average cost of a single veneer was $1,175.54.
This is why you should consider getting your veneers done at the Trust Dental Care clinic in Tijuana, Mexico. Not only will you be saving on the actual cost of your veneers, but you will also be getting work done by one of the leading experts in the dentistry field, Dr. Aparicio Miranda, the only U.S. licensed dentist in Mexico.
Can Veneers Be Taken off if I Want Them Removed?
Veneers are considered permanent because your dentist needs to change the structure of your natural teeth to place them properly. In this way, the outer layer of your enamel may be removed to make room.
Porcelain veneers are an excellent way to hide discolored, crooked or damaged teeth, but it’s important to weigh the pros and cons that come with the territory before getting them. Make an appointment with us to find out if dental veneers are a fitting solution for you.
Now, if you decide to get the veneers and the process is complete, there are more things you need to know that need to be applied on your day to day routine. Maintaining of your veneers is relatively simple.
Here are some recommendations:
- Brush and floss as you normally would prevent dental problems. Porcelain veneers are one of the kindest restorations to gum tissues that we currently have in dentistry. Don’t be afraid of damaging your laminates by either flossing or brushing. Any non-abrasive fluoride toothpaste is acceptable. A good home care regimen will insure the esthetic success of your laminate restorations for years to come.
- If you are known to be a bruxer or clencher, i.e. you have a habit of grinding your teeth, please let your dentist know. Our specialists can help you with a protective guard or bite guard for you to wear to minimize the stresses placed upon your teeth while you sleep.
- Approximately one week after the placement of your laminates you will be asked to return to the office for a treatment evaluation. This visit is extremely important. It gives your dentist the opportunity to evaluate the placement of the laminates, the gum tissue response and to answer any questions you might have regarding your new smile. Regular maintenance and dental check ups are recommended so that your veneers and oral health can be reviewed periodically.
- It’s normal to have questions before getting something like veneers in your teeth, you should make an informed decision after all, so here are some of the most frequently asked questions about dental veneers that linger in the minds of most patients before the procedure.
Can PPO Insurance Cover Any of the Costs of Teeth Veneers?
Some insurance companies will cover up to 50% of the fee they deem customary. However, it depends upon what your employer has contracted for with your insurance company rather than what your dentist is charging.
We hope this small guide to dental veneers has been useful to you, but if you still have any doubts or other questions, call us at (844) 848 7878. At Trust Dental Care, we’re here to help.
Why Choose Trust Dental Care?
When it comes to selecting a dentist in Tijuana, it’s important not to go straight for the lowest prices, since treatments like this should always be treated as an important investment, so if you intend on keeping your veneers for let’s say 20 years. You should instead, find the most qualified expert for the job, someone like Dr. Cirenia Aparicio Miranda.
Technology from said giants of the dental industry allows us to reduce the amount of time that is required for you must spend on the dental chair. We always make sure each procedure goes smoothly, but we also understand the fact that you’re anxious to leave the office as soon as possible.
Dr. Aparicio Miranda is also famous for being caring and kind with all her patients, as she has worked hard always to provide a comfortable experience for everybody. She makes sure that you are comfortable with starting the procedure and is an expert at removing any dental anxiety you may have.
Latest News & Articles Regarding Your Oral Health
Take some time to read the latest news and articles regarding your oral health. This includes helpful tips on how to improve your dental health and articles regarding innovations in the dental world. In the meantime, we also included some tips to make your dental tourism trip much easier and comfortable.
Finally, we also include some interesting reads for a better understanding of the medical dental field. At Trust Dental Care we care about you, but most of all, we value your trust.